Choosing the right roofing system for your facility can be difficult without some help from the pros. Because new roofs and re-roofing projects are expensive propositions, getting the most bang for your buck requires careful assessment. Fortunately, North American Roofing specialists are trained to evaluate your building’s physical aspects, your business goals and aesthetic desires, and incorporate those with your budget.
Certain factors are a consideration whether you’re in the preliminary information-gathering stage or you’re ready to go forward with your roofing project.
- Location and Weather: Prevailing weather patterns are a consideration in choosing a roof. There is no effective one-size-fits-all roofing system because geographic variations in wind velocity, potential snow load and annual rainfall all figure into choosing the right roofing system. Even things like roof orientation or whether nearby trees will shade the roof are important factors.
- Facility Use: A retail business has different roofing needs than those of a storage facility. While both require leak-free roofs, the retail business needs a roof that provides a comfortable environment for customers and staff. The right roof for a manufacturing enterprise might not be sufficient for a shopping center, a hospital or a school building.
- Roof Traffic: Some roofs have very little traffic, while others require walkways that provide access to rooftop units. Roofs with high foot traffic needs require additional structural pathway support.
- Maintenance Requirements: All roofs need regular periodic maintenance, but not all roof systems can be successfully maintained by an in-house crew. This isn’t an issue, however, when you choose to enroll in North American Roofing’s RoofGuard Preventative Maintenance program.
- Energy Savings: In today’s economy, everyone wants to save money on utility costs, and if that’s an important factor for you, a cool roof or a reflective roof might be beneficial. Beefed-up insulation and photovoltaic (PV) systems can also help you achieve your energy goals.
Your future facility plans are also important in choosing the right roofing system. If you want to sell the facility soon, initial roofing cost is an important factor. In that case, your building might be a candidate for roof coating or a liquid-applied roofing membrane.
If you plan to retain ownership and operations for up to 10-15 years, roof replacement becomes more attractive, and if you plan to own the building for 20 years or longer, it pays to invest in a roof system that has a long service life and a long-term warranty.
At the end of the day, you want a roof that protects your assets and your investment, and that’s where we shine. We earned our reputation for being the most trusted roofing company in the United States because we put our customers first. Highly-trained North American Roofing specialists will evaluate your facility and help you choose the system that best suits your building, your needs and your budget. To find out more about your roofing options, call us today at 866-567-2064.