You’re considering a flat roof for your property, but what’s the process like? Don’t worry; we’ve got it covered.
We’ll walk you through the key steps:
- Initial inspection
- Formulating an installation plan
- Getting a cost estimate
- Roof removal
- Final cleanup
You’ll be well-informed and ready to make that all-important decision.
So, let’s demystify the process of flat roof installation together.
Step 1: Commercial Flat Roof Inspection
Before you can decide on any repair or replacement, someone’s got to inspect your flat commercial roof thoroughly. It’s not just a case of looking for visible damage; it’s about understanding the structural integrity of your roof. Trained professionals use various methods, such as infrared scans, to detect trapped moisture or other concealed problems. They’ll check the roofing material, the flashing around roof penetrations and the overall condition.
But it’s not just the roof surface they’re interested in. They’ll also inspect your building’s interior, looking for signs of water damage, like stains or mold. That’s because sometimes, the first sign of a roof problem isn’t on the roof at all.
It’s a complex process but a necessary one to ensure your building remains safe and sound.
Step 2: Formulate a Roof Installation Plan
Once you’ve got a thorough understanding of your roof’s condition, you’ll need to formulate a solid roof installation plan. This isn’t a step to be taken lightly. It requires detailed knowledge of the industry and a professional approach.
1. Materials Selection: Choose high-quality, durable materials that can withstand weather conditions in your region.
2. Budgeting: Work out a financial plan that covers all costs without compromising on quality.
3. Timeline: Detail a realistic timeline for the project, considering potential weather disruptions.
4. Choosing a Contractor: Hire a reputable, licensed contractor with experience in flat roof installation.
Step 3: Get a Cost Estimate
After inspecting your roof both inside and out, your roofing contractor will provide you with a detailed quote for the job. This estimate will encompass most if not all, of the following elements: the cost of materials, the cost of labor, an inspection report, the scope of work (SOW), and a contract with terms and conditions.
Step 4: Roof Removal
In this step, you’re removing every last bit of the old roof to make way for the new flat roof installation. This is a crucial phase where precision and expertise are required. Let’s break it down:
1. Safety First: Your commercial roofing experts will start by setting up safety measures. This includes securing your ladder and using harnesses to prevent any falls.
2. Old Material Removal: They will then begin to remove the old roofing materials. This is done carefully to avoid causing any damage to the underlying structure.
3. Inspection: Once the old materials are removed, experienced professionals will inspect the roof deck for any signs of damage or rot.
4. Cleanup: Lastly, they will clean the area to prepare for the new installation, ensuring all remnants of the old roof are completely removed.
Step 5: Roof Installation
After meticulously preparing the base during roof removal, you’re now ready to start the roof installation process. Remember, this step also requires precision and skill.
Your commercial roofing contractor will begin by rolling out the roofing material on your flat surface, ensuring it’s smooth and free of air bubbles. Your expert roofer will apply a professional-grade adhesive to secure the material, applying it evenly for maximum adherence.
Next, they will install the flashing around the roof’s perimeter and any protrusions, such as vent pipes or skylights. This prevents water from seeping underneath the flat roofing material. They will check the seams; they should be tightly sealed to prevent leaks.
Finally, they will apply a protective coating for added durability.
Step 6: Cleanup and Inspection
It’s time for the crucial step of cleanup and inspection, ensuring the worksite is clean, and the roof is correctly installed. This involves:
1. Removing all leftover materials and debris.
2. Checking for any signs of damage or incorrect installation.
3. Ensuring all seams and edges are correctly sealed.
4. Taking photos for documentation and future reference.
Remember, a thorough cleanup prevents potential accidents, and a detailed inspection ensures the quality of your work. It’s not just about aesthetics; it’s about safety and long-term functionality.
Even the smallest oversight can lead to significant problems down the line.
North American Roofing Does Flat Roof Installation
You’ve got two options when it comes to flat roof installation, and North American Roofing is a reliable choice for the job. Their skilled team provides a comprehensive service, from initial consultation to final inspection. They’re experienced in various flat roofing services, including EPDM, TPO, and PVC, so they can recommend the best option for your building.
North American Roofing ensures a smooth process, coordinating with you at each step. They handle the removal of your old roof, installation of the new one, and clean up afterward. They also conduct a final inspection to confirm everything’s up to standard.
With their commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, you’re in good hands with North American Roofing for your flat roof installation.
Contact us for top-quality roof installation and exceptional customer service.
Other commercial roofing services we provide:
- Roof Replacement Services
- Roof Repair
- Roof Coatings
- Regular Inspections
- Regular Maintenance
Visit our About Us page for more information about our roofing company.