Commercial Roof Snow Removal
Call Now to Sign-up Your Business for North American Roofing’s Rapid-Response Snow Removal Service:
Why do facility managers at some of the nation’s largest companies and property management firms remove snow from their locations instead of just letting it melt? Watch this video to see why:
Proactive Rapid Response Snow Removal Program Benefits
Are you a proactive building owner, facilities manager, or someone responsible for the day-to-day operations of a commercial building during a blizzard or snow event? Complete your winter contingency plans with North American Roofing’s Rapid Response Snow Removal Program.
Proactive owners and managers who sign up today receive:
- Dedicated Snow Removal Teams just a phone call away*
- Top priority response before anyone else
- Teams equipped with all the necessary equipment to get the job done as fast and as safe as possible
- Custom snow removal plans developed for your unique facility and snow event
- Holiday Service is Available! Get emergency snow removal from your roof even during the holidays!
*For faster service, please call us immediately (preferably at least 48 hours) before the snow event.
Why Your Building Needs Commercial Snow Removal Service
When snowfall pushes weight limits on the roof to dangerous levels, it is imperative the snow be removed to prevent a roof collapse. A roof collapse:
- Causes significant building damage
- Endangers people’s lives
- Risks damaging or destroying building contents
- Halts or reduces productivity
- Significant financial losses
Even winter’s routine freeze/thaw cycle can contribute to roof defects that can cause your roof to leak and damage your property.
We understand the importance of removing heavy snows before they damage your roof’s structural integrity. Our crews are experienced in removing snow in accordance with OSHA safety regulations. When you enroll your facility in one of our snow removal programs, you can count on us to be there to remove damaging snow before it affects your roof. We’re offering two types of snow removal services: Pre-Storm Program and Emergency Response Service.
Snow Load Issues Cannot Be Ignored
One foot of light snow is approximately the same weight as one inch of water, which weighs five pounds per square foot. Heavy, wet, or packed snow can weigh substantially more, adding 10–20 pounds per cubic foot of weight to the roof’s surface. Snow that thaws and refreezes can weigh as much as 40–60 pounds per cubic foot. In northern climates where it’s not uncommon to receive three or more feet of snow at a time, the added weight quickly becomes a burden on the roof.
Commercial Snow Removal Done Right
When the time comes to remove excess snow or ice from your roof, it must be removed by hand, in a checkerboard pattern, to avoid causing instability in the roof. Snow removal equipment designed for use on the ground, such as snow blowers, power brooms, and ordinary snow shovels, can cause damage to your roof, along with skylights and buried gas lines, and you should never use a pick or axe to chop ice. Sending a general maintenance crew to the roof can be risky, due to potentially icy and slippery surfaces. Most maintenance crews do not have the expertise, safety equipment, and snow removal tools necessary to complete the job safely, and can oftentimes do more harm to your roof than good.
Don’t put your people or property at risk. Let our trained and skilled experts remove the snow from your roof. We have the OSHA-approved full protection equipment to properly and safely remove the snow. We also understand your roofing system and know how to protect it during the removal process. We’ll make sure you get your roof cleared without voiding your warranty.
How Commercial Building Roof Snow Removal Works
All snow removal is to be completed on a time and materials basis. We reserve the right to assess each property on a location to location basis and in some cases, we may refuse to attempt the snow removal, should structural damage be evident, or if safety concerns cannot be rectified prior to the start of work.
Snow removal is a crucial part of commercial roofing maintenance. The professionals at North American Roofing can help.
- Before scheduling can take place, the owner or owner’s representative is required to deem the building safe.
- The owner is to provide North American Roofing with a Not To Exceed (NTE) amount along with a work order or purchase order number before any work can proceed.
- North American Roofing will remove the snow from the roof according to the owner or owner’s representative’s specifications. All roof snow removal is to be coordinated with the owner’s ground clearing contractors for handling and removal of the snow from the site, at the owner’s expense.
- North American Roofing will take every precaution not to damage the roof during the snow removal. However, if subsequent damage does occur North American Roofing will repair the damage at an extra charge to the owner.
- North American Roofing will send “after” pictures of the snow removal along with a sign-off sheet with the signature of the owner’s representative if available at the time of completion.